I am attorney Brandy Merrifield. I have worked alongside Tim Flaherty since 2007 and helped him defend thousands of locals and vacationers throughout Northwest Florida.
With a background in psychology and coming from a military family, I bring a unique perspective to the resolution of criminal cases. My training, experience, and education allow my analysis of our cases to look beyond the charges and focus on a resolution with my client’s goals and future in mind. My personal experiences, including growing up as a military brat and a former military spouse, allow me to guide service members and their families when navigating the complexity of being military and charged with a crime. My objective in all cases is aggressive defense coupled with compassion and understanding.
Criminal defense is my passion. Our practice is team-oriented and the only law we practice is criminal defense. This heightened focus on one specific area of law means staying up to date with changing case law, constructing creative defenses, and exhausting every possible avenue to defend my clients.
As a client, you will have access to me personally. I will work with you and for you to ensure your goals are achieved. No one plans to hire a criminal defense attorney. My goals and the strategies that we have in place at Flaherty & Merrifield provide an aggressive approach that you need to fight for your freedom.
- Thomas Goode Jones School of Law, Faulkner University
- Recipient of award for Top of the Class: Evidence; Jury Selection; Jurisprudence Theory; and Interviewing, Counseling, and Negotiation
- Dean’s List/Dean’s Honor Roll
- Recipient of GPA based scholarship award
- Elder Law Clinic
- B.S. Forensic/Applied Psychology: Florida Tech
- Cum Laude
Adjunct Professor of Paralegal Studies, Northwest Florida State College
- Florida Bar Juvenile Court Rules (current)
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee (past)
- Secretary of the Okaloosa-Walton County Chapter of the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- The Florida Bar, Criminal Law Section