If you have been arrested in Destin, you are probably stressed about the impact your arrest will have on your future. Being charged with a misdemeanor or felony is serious, so you are right to be worried. Whether you are facing a DUI, drug charge, domestic violence, or any other offense, your freedom and future may be at risk.
If you have been arrested in Destin, you really only have two options:
- Go with a court-appointed public defender and hope for the best, OR
- Hire a professional criminal and DUI defense attorney who will do the job right from day one.
The criminal justice system can be confusing and intimidating. That it is why it is crucial to have effective, experienced criminal defense lawyers guiding you through this process.
My name is Tim Flaherty. Brandy Merrifield is my partner. We are Destin criminal defense lawyers who defend locals, vacationers, and military members who have been arrested. We limit our practice 100% to criminal defense.
Defending Visitors and Locals Accused In Destin
Whether you are a local or someone who was visiting Destin on vacation and got arrested, we can help make the process more understandable and less stressful. If you are from out of town, Brandy and I will take care of your court dates for you, so you won’t have to come back to Destin for court.
We offer our clients 24/7 access so you can rest assured that we will always be available to answer any questions you have, at any time.
Common Criminal Offenses in Destin
This is not an exclusive list, but the following are the most common offenses that we defend in Destin:
What you can Expect from your Destin Criminal Lawyers
If you trust us with your defense, our main goals will be to avoid any incarceration, and prevent you from having a conviction on your record that will follow you for the rest of your life. Throughout each steps of your case, we will always keep these two goals in mind.
As criminal defense lawyers who have been defending locals, military members, and visitors in Destin for many years, we have developed the skills and reputation needed to give our clients the best possible chance of a successful outcome.
Every case is different, but here are a few constants that we provide in every case:
- Respect client confidentiality at ALL times.
- No matter what you are accused of, we will never judge you. We’ll defend you.
- We will appear at all court appearances prepared and on time.
- We will carefully review the discovery in your case.
- We will explore all options available to resolve your case, and will communicate all options to you.
- We will explore all avenues available to resolve your case, and will communicate all options to you.
- I will always allow you to make the final decisions in your case.
Get the help you need after an arrest in Destin
When you are ready to get help from a professional Destin criminal and DUI defense team, call Tim Flaherty and Brandy Merrifield at Flaherty & Merrifield at (850) 460-7470.