Proven Criminal and DUI Defense
I don’t care what you’re accused of doing. You are a human being and you deserve to have someone in your corner who will fight for you. I will not judge you; I’ll defend you. - Tim Flaherty

If you’ve been charged with a crime, call (850) 243-6097 to get a FREE consultation.

Okaloosa County Juvenile Defense Attorney

Knowing that your minor child is charged with a crime or is under suspicion can be a nightmare. You are probably angry, scared, and disappointed. Before you make any rash decisions about your child’s future, call me at (850) 243-6097.

My name is Tim Flaherty. I’ve been a criminal defense attorney in Okaloosa County since 2001. I am also the parent of two teenagers. I know how stressful and terrifying raising a teenager can be in this day and age. I would like to help you and your family through this ordeal with the right combination of legal expertise, tough love, and compassion. I will do everything possible to make sure your child’s arrest doesn’t ruin their chance at a successful future.

Information about Juvenile Cases in Okaloosa County

Below, you will see links to additional pages that have more information about some of the most common questions that parents ask me after their child is arrested in Okaloosa County:

Can a juvenile be charged as an adult?

A juvenile in Florida is a person under the age of 18. The prosecutor has the discretion to send the case to adult court. In some circumstances the prosecutor is required by statute to charge a juvenile as an adult. The time between arrest and the first hearing will dictate if your child is sent to adult court. It is during that crucial time period that I will do everything possible to keep the case in juvenile court.

What is juvenile diversion in Okaloosa County?

Juvenile diversion is a program that may be available for first time offenders. Juvenile diversion is a resolution that will result in a dismissal. Having the charge dismissed provides the juvenile a chance to expunge the record which means the record truly is erased. While not every situation will qualify for juvenile expungement, the help of an experienced juvenile defense attorney can mean the difference between dismissal and an adjudication.

Common juvenile diversion programs in Okaloosa County include Teen Court, Parentally Applied Discipline, Deferred Prosecution Agreement, and Juvenile Diversion Alternative Program.

What is the juvenile court process in Okaloosa County?

The juvenile court process is designed to rehabilitate rather than punish. With that in mind, each juvenile case will have a level of punishment but usually, the penalty will be less severe, and less permanent, than it would be in adult court.

Each step in the juvenile process requires knowledge and finesse to resolve favorably. Having an experienced attorney on your side will not only alleviate your anxiety but also protect your child from unforeseen consequences.

If your child has been charged with a crime in Okaloosa County, call me today at (850) 243-6097 for a free consultation.

BV 2019 Logo
Criminal Defense Top 10 Law firms Logo
10.0Tim Michael Flaherty

Call (850) 243-6097 for your free consultation.