Destin Criminal Defense Lawyer and DUI Defense Attorney
If you have been arrested in Destin, you are probably stressed about the impact your arrest will have on your future. Being charged with a misdemeanor or felony is serious, so you are right to be worried. Whether you are facing a DUI, drug charge, domestic violence, or any other offense, your freedom and future may be at risk.
If you have been arrested in Destin, you really only have two options:
- Go with a court-appointed public defender and hope for the best, OR
- Hire a professional criminal and DUI defense attorney who will do the job right from day one.
The criminal justice system can be confusing and intimidating. That it is why it is crucial to have an effective Destin criminal defense lawyer guiding you through this process.
My name is Tim Flaherty. I’ve been a criminal attorney since 2001. From day one, I have focused 100% of my practice on defending clients accused of a crime in Destin, and throughout Florida’s Emerald Coast.
Defending Visitors and Locals Accused In Destin
Whether you are a local or someone who was visiting Destin on vacation and got arrested, I can help make the process more understandable and less stressful. If you are from out of town, I will take care of your court dates for you, so you won’t have to come back to Destin for court.
I offer my clients 24/7 access so you can rest assured that I will always be available to answer any questions you have, at any time.
Common Criminal Offenses in Destin
This is not an exclusive list, but the following are the most common offenses that we defend in Destin:
- Out of Town Arrests
- Boating Under The Influence (BUI)
- Domestic Violence
- Burglary of a Conveyance
- Sex Crimes
- Spring Break Arrests
- Minor In Possession (MIP)
- Juvenile Offenses
- Drug Charges
- Possession of Marijuana
- Possession of Cocaine
- Possession of Controlled Substance without a Prescription
- Assault and Battery
- Aggravated Assault
- Aggravated Battery with a Deadly Weapon
- Dealing in Stolen Property
What You Can Expect from Your Destin Criminal Lawyer
If you trust me with your defense, my main goals will be to avoid any incarceration, and prevent you from having a conviction on your record that will follow you for the rest of your life. Every step I take in your case will be with those two goals in mind.
As a criminal defense lawyer who has been defending locals, military members, and visitors in Destin for many years, I have developed the skills and reputation needed to give my clients the best possible chance of a successful outcome.
Every case is different, but here are a few constants that I provide in every case:
- Respect client confidentiality at ALL times.
- No matter what you are accused of, I will never judge you. I’ll defend you.
- I will appear at all court appearances prepared and on time.
- I will carefully review the discovery in your case.
- I will send you copies of all discovery so that you and I can work through it together.
- I will explore all avenues available to resolve your case, and will communicate all options to you.
- I will always allow you to make the final decisions in your case.
Get the Help You Need after an Arrest in Destin
When you are ready to get help from a professional Destin criminal and DUI defense attorney, call Tim Flaherty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (850) 243-6097.