Destin Criminal Defense Lawyer
If you have been arrested in Destin, you are probably worried about your future and the legal process you will be facing. Being charged with a misdemeanor or felony is serious, so you are right to be worried. Whether you are facing a charge of DUI, drug possession, domestic violence, or any other offense, your freedom and future may be at risk.
If you have been arrested in Destin, you really only have two options:
(1) Settle for a court-appointed public defender and hope for the best, OR
(2) Hire a professional Destin criminal defense attorney who will do the job right from day one.
The criminal justice system can be confusing and intimidating and that is why it is crucial to have a Destin criminal defense attorney who can support you, defend you, and help ease your stress.
Defending Visitors and Locals Accused in Destin
Whether you are a local or someone who was visiting Destin on vacation and got arrested, we can help. We will help make the legal process more understandable and less stressful. If you are from out of town, we will take care of your court dates for you so that you won’t have to come back to Destin for court. We offer our clients 24/7 access so you can rest assured that we will always be available to answer any questions you may have, at any time.
Common Criminal Charges in Destin
This is not an exclusive list, but the following are the most common offenses that we defend in Destin:
- Out of Town Arrests
- Spring Break Arrests
- Minor In Possession (MIP)
- Juvenile Offenses
- Domestic Violence
- Boating Under The Influence (BUI)
- Drug Crimes
- Possession of Marijuana
- Possession of Cocaine
- Possession of Controlled Substance without a Prescription
- Sex Crimes
- Assault and Battery
- Aggravated Assault
- Aggravated Battery with a Deadly Weapon
What you can expect from your Destin criminal lawyer
If we are entrusted with your defense, our main goals will be to avoid any incarceration and prevent you from having a conviction on your record that will follow you for the rest of your life. Every step we take in your case will be with those two goals in mind.
As a criminal defense lawyer who has been defending locals and visitors in Destin for over 16 years, I have developed the skills and reputation needed to give my clients the best possible chance of a successful outcome.
Every case is different, but here are a few constants that we provide in every Destin case we handle:
- We will respect client confidentiality at ALL times.
- No matter what you are accused of, we will never judge you. We’ll defend you.
- We will appear at all court appearances prepared and on time.
- We will carefully review the discovery in your case.
- We will send you copies of all discovery so that you and I can work through it together.
- We will not pass your case off to a junior associate. If you hire Tim Flaherty, that is who will be handling your case from day one until the end.
- We will explore all avenues available to resolve your case, and will communicate all options to you.
- We will always keep you fully informed about the status of your case and we will always make ourselves available to you.
- We will always allow you to make the final decisions in your case.